- If you are a victim of human trafficking and need immediate assistance, please call your local police service or dial 911.
- To report a human trafficking crime anonymously, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
- If this a non-emergency situation and you would like to speak with us, or if you are an organization working with victims of human trafficking and need case management assistance, please call us at (709) 765-0226.
Victim Services Newfoundland and Labrador is a free and confidential justice service for victims of crime, with the principle that all victims are treated with courtesy, compassion and respect. It is believed that all victims should suffer as little inconvenience as possible from their involvement with the criminal justice system, and receive prompt and fair redress for the harm they have suffered. Their approach is client centered – services are tailored to meet the needs of each victim.
Victim services are voluntary. You may decide that you do not require any services. You may like a full range of services. Or you may only want some of the services offered. The choice is yours.
Victim Services Can Help With:
- General information about the criminal justice system to help you understand how it works.
- Providing you with information on what is happening with your case.
- Pre-court preparation so you can participate more meaningfully in the court process.
- Help with preparing a Victim Impact Statement, if you wish to complete one.
- Identifying and referring you to specialized community resources, if you need them.
- Providing emotional support and short-term counseling as you prepare to go through court.